The Fischer Platz — Outdoor Entertainment Café
Originally known as the Sommer Garten (Summer Garden), the open outdoor area at the southeast corner of the Bavarian Inn Restaurant was used during the Bavarian Festival for bread baking demonstrations, enjoying grilled bratwurst, chicken barbeques, and for cocktail parties and special band concerts.
Since 1973 the Fischer Platz (Fischer Place) is open daily during the summer months as an outdoor music café, reminiscent of the outdoor beer gardens of Germany. Linda Lee has played here regularly since 1979, and became Bavarian Inn's full-time entertainer in 1991. In 1992 the Fischer Platz area was moved east to make room for a new 3-story addition containing the Royal Gift Shop, Edelweiss Room and upper Swiss Rooms.
In 2008, the Fischer Platz made another move to its current location south of the Bavarian Inn Restaurant parallel to Main Street. This move set the scene for a larger entertaining area and an upgraded stage for dancing.
In addition to serving tasty foods, snacks, and beverages, each summer we offer a variety of entertainment and special themed events such as amateur Jam night featuring local musicians, as well as a regular schedule of talented accordionists.
History of the Fischer name at the Bavarian Inn: In 1888 Theodore Fischer opened his new hotel “The Union House”, later named Fischer's. In 1949 Elmer Fischer sold Fischer's Hotel to the Zehnder Family who renamed it “Bavarian Inn” in 1959.
In 1987 the Fischer Hall building was donated to the Frankenmuth Historical Association and was moved from where it stood behind the Bavarian Inn across the parking lot to its new location by the Frankenmuth Historical Museum. Originally used for decades as a festive meeting and banquet hall , it has featured entertainment and plays since the 1970s (by the Gaslight Players and the Cass River Players over the years).
Click here to view our entertainment schedule and beverage menu.
Enjoy our entertainment and have a bite to eat too! Click here to download our menu.